Seriously, these are really good; I’m not making them up, and I don’t think they were, either. If you want to get away with something, one of these excuses will probably work.
10. My mother made me give my dog away and I haven’t stopped crying for three days.
9. While driving to school, I fell asleep at the wheel. I pulled over and napped instead of coming to class.
8. My boyfriend was stabbed at a club on Saturday. He’s okay, but I’m finding it hard to concentrate on school right now.
7. A drug lord burned our house down.
6. I had to go visit my brother in jail.
5. My little sister locked me in my closet.
4. My bank card was cloned by the corner store up the street. They wiped out my bank account and I didn’t even have money for subway fare.
3. My Ritalin stopped working. You really wouldn’t have wanted me to come to class.
2. I’ve never met my father. On Friday, I saw an obituary in the paper for my paternal grandfather’s funeral. I contacted my dad through the funeral home. Since then, my father’s entire extended family has been harassing me on Facebook demanding to meet me. I haven’t told my mother. I’m having a nervous breakdown.
1. I pulled my back reaching into the fridge for margarine.