I’ve been tagged by Tracy Rosen; thanks Tracy! This meme recently appeared on Clif’s Notes.
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2009 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
NOTE: You do NOT have to wait to be tagged to participate in this meme.
*Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
* For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/07/09).
* Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
* Title your post Professional Development Meme 2009 and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/2447.
* Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme09.
* Tag 5-8 others to participate in the meme.
* Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
* Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
9 thoughts on “professional development meme 2009”
I just introduced blogging to my grad class (Nature of Learning Disabilities) and they really seem to like it. Hope your class does too.
Pat: I’d love to know about your experiences with blogging. Would you consider visiting my post from yesterday and leaving a comment on how it’s been going? I’m eager for advice. Here’s the link:
We received our book club group lists this morning and we will both be in the same conversation group – I’m looking forward to reading the book with you!
Me too, Tracy – I think it’s going to be fun.
I’m looking forward to the book discussion as well. Did you participate in the book club last summer? I’m hoping this will help me get over some of my digital stage fright issues.
I wasn’t a part of last summer’s book club; it’s new to me, and I’m excited! I love online discussion.
Thanks for participating in the 2009 pdmeme. I look forward to hearing about your successes in September.